Then Team Honk got invited to see the live broadcast of Comic Relief night at the BBC in West London. Somehow, I tagged along.
Here are 7 things from last night:
1.During the first half of the evening we sat with a woman who had a portrait of Stephen Fry tattooed on her leg. For Comic Relief. She had Ross Noble on the other leg. Not sure why.
2. The ‘fundraising’ video clips from project around the UK and African, which receives 40% of Comic Relief funds, are a hard watch. Desperately sad and moving. It was impressive to see the presenters affected by the videos and then take a deep breath and carry on.
3. Everyone read everything from an auto-cue. Except Russell Brand who appeared to have to be persuaded to read from the actual auto-cue.
4. Mammasauras hugged Russell Brand’s crotch (with his permission). In an epic photo fail we have no evidence of this other than eye witness accounts.
5. One Direction was a pre-record. To be honest, I didn’t mind.
6. The production staff all got burger and chips in a box at 10.30pm. It looked so delicious to a woman (me) who had been there since 5 pm and was surviving on snacks.
7.That was the last live programme to be broadcast from the BBC in White City. In a week the studios close.
The rule was no phones, no photos, no tweeting etc *cough* however I managed to get the following photos.
Team Honk has raised £9,000. Thank you to everyone who contributed.