Are you noticing the interior of your home is starting to look a bit tired? Maybe you’ve been meaning to redecorate for years but things keep getting in the way or you’ve felt you aren’t financially ready yet.
Well, you should know that the process of sprucing up your home doesn’t have to break the bank. There are some great ideas out there which allows you to give your home the umph it’s been waiting for and all you need is a can-do attitude accompanied by a little patience.
We have found that one of the best ways to redecorate is reupholster! You may be asking yourself ‘what is reupholstery exactly?’. Put simply, it’s the process of changing the upholstery on your furniture, replace the leather or fabric material to something more relevant, whether that’s a retro touch or more of a vintage vibe. Click here for a better understanding of what reupholstery means.
Styles and trends are constantly going in and out of fashion so it is important that you choose a style you know you will love a few years down the line.
The good thing is, you’ll find there are so many different styles to choose from, so you are sure to find the perfect scene for you. When it comes to the actual redecorating, it’s a great opportunity to have a clear out, a room full of clutter looks busy and messy and therefore should be avoided.
So, if you’re wondering what the best tips are for redecorating, we have found them! Here’s a few to get you started.
- Painting your upholstery sounds time consuming and a messy job, however if you follow the correct steps it can be a simple job. Not only will it look great, but you will also be able to say you made it yourself.
- Reupholster by swapping fabric to leather or the other way round. This alters the look of a room to give you more of a change, if you’re going for more of a modern look, opt for leather. However, if you’re after more of the chic, vintage vibe, try out a fabric. If you are now thinking ‘but what if I want fabric upholstery in a modern style?’, you can try adding a bold colour or pattern to the fabric.
- When it comes to a sofa or bed, pick a neutral colour for the fabric or bed set and then add a spruce of colour with some cushions. When it comes to redecorating, it’s cheaper to find some different fabric and cover the cushions than change the furniture.
- DIY wallpaper is the cheaper option, instead if buying a print wallpaper, grab some stencils and make your own. This is a great way to personalise it to you and your styled room.
- Repurpose old furniture! Have you got any old shelves that could make a new bookcase? You could also use an old door as a headboard. Even if you have to take the old furniture apart, it will be cheaper than buying new materials!
Have you recently redecorated and picked up a few tricks along the way? Let us know your ideas.